Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Call Center Representative is $14.36
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Call Center Representatives?
An entry-level Call Center Representative with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $14.40 based on 7 salaries. A mid-career Call Center Representative with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $15.47 based on 23 …Read more
What Do Call Center Representatives Do?
A call center representative acts as the voice and face of the company when interacting with customers. Their duties include answering customer questions, resolving individual problems, handling complaints, and handling other transactions. Shifts can vary greatly from company to company; some companies that offer a 24-hour service have overnight shifts, while others offer a standard 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. call center. Representatives are expected to work with their direct supervisor to set personal …Read more
- Consult with customers by telephone to provide information, take orders, answer questions and handle complaints.
- Place outbound calls, following a script to generate sales.
- Investigate and follow up on customer problems.
- Document outcomes and steps taken.
- Update customer files and databases.