What Do Camp Directors Do?
Camp directors oversee the performance of a camp and its employees, perform various management and administrative duties, and develop curricula for campers. Their job is a combination of physical and mental work and takes place both indoors in office settings and outside in various weather conditions, including extreme heat.
Camp directors work with staff members in and out of the office, including assistant camp directors, subordinates, and the recreation director, and are responsible for main…Read more
- Manage daily operation of a day or overnight camp, acting as the main contact for staff and parents.
- Conduct evaluation of programs and identify areas needing improvement.
- Oversee the placement of campers into groups or cabins and determine their daily schedule of activities.
- Hire, train, and supervise camp employees or volunteers, including counselors, kitchen staff, and activity instructors.
- Plan and organize camp curriculum and activities.