Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Chef Manager is $51,664
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Chef Managers?
An early career Chef Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $45,646 based on 45 salaries. A mid-career Chef Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $48,995 based on 81 salaries. An experienced Chef Manager with …Read more
What Do Chef Managers Do?
A chef manager works at a restaurant, cafeteria, catering company, hotel, or any other establishment that serves food. Since this is a management position, past management experience may have to be proven. It is also important to be able to show cooking skills and adequate job experience in the food service field.
The chef manager will also have to take inventory and order supplies when they are low, ensuring that the products received are fresh and of quality. The manager may also have a …Read more
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality.
- Select and develop recipes.
- Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food.
- Train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities.