Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) is $115,862
What Do Chief Nursing Officer (CNO)s Do?
Chief nursing officers (CNOs) are responsible for directing nursing activities according to existing hospital procedures. They follow strict safety policies to ensure adequate patient care and collaborate with hospital leadership to design innovative patient care strategies. One of the CNO's main duties includes effectively manage staff levels on any given shift, including developing and deploying strategies in case of emergencies. CNOs also handle budget responsibilities and plan for …Read more
- Direct nursing services at a healthcare facility, monitor the quality of service, and supervise nursing managers.
- Provide feedback to healthcare facility administration on policies and procedures.
- Act as a liaison between facility management and nursing staff to establish strong channels for communication.
- Maintain compliance with government and facility regulations and educate employees on new and changing requirements.
- Oversee the operation of administrative departments such as medical records and transcription.