Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Child Care Center Director is $45,259
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Child Care Center Directors?
An entry-level Child Care Center Director with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $40,896 based on 14 salaries. An early career Child Care Center Director with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $41,137 based on 136 …Read more
What Do Child Care Center Directors Do?
Child care center directors oversee the administrative and day-to-day operations of day care centers, preschools, and other short-term child care facilities. Their duties include ensuring a safe and education environment for children, evaluating the finances of their facility, and advising teachers and other subordinates in curriculum and activities. They also monitor services to ensure that all licensing standards are met, represent the child care center in the accreditation process, …Read more
- Maintain school paperwork, keeping files on each child, attendance and incident reports, and proof of meeting government regulations.
- Manage the budget, paying expenses for facilities, authorizing purchases, and ensuring adequate revenue is coming in.
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate facility staff, provide mentoring and training to help teachers improve their skills.
- Plan, manage, market, and direct a preschool or childcare program.
- Meet with parents to discuss student progress and answer questions about school programs.