What Do Child Care Center Directors Do?
Child care center directors oversee the administrative and day-to-day operations of day care centers, preschools, and other short-term child care facilities. Their duties include ensuring a safe and education environment for children, evaluating the finances of their facility, and advising teachers and other subordinates in curriculum and activities. They also monitor services to ensure that all licensing standards are met, represent the child care center in the accreditation process, brainstorm…Read more
- Maintain school paperwork, keeping files on each child, attendance and incident reports, and proof of meeting government regulations.
- Manage the budget, paying expenses for facilities, authorizing purchases, and ensuring adequate revenue is coming in.
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate facility staff, provide mentoring and training to help teachers improve their skills.
- Plan, manage, market, and direct a preschool or childcare program.
- Meet with parents to discuss student progress and answer questions about school programs.