Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Development Officer is $55,000
What Do Development Officers Do?
Development officers are in charge of funding- and donor-related activities for their organization. They coordinate fundraising initiatives and collect current and prospective donor information. They cultivate professional relationships with individuals, foundations, and other agencies; they also provide continuous support to company marketing efforts.
Most of the time, development officers must use research databases to effectively identify possible benefactors; they document all donations …Read more
- Cultivate, solicit and provide attentive stewardship for philanthropic donors.
- Manage donor events, including identifying guests and coordinating organizational support for events.
- Work with marketing and program staff to customize materials for successful marketing and solicitation.
- Increase the number and quality of donor prospects through individual visits, research, donor database management and networking.
- Manage portfolio prospects, using focused strategic approaches.
FAQs About Development Officers
What is the highest pay for Development Officers in Houston?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Development Officer in Houston is $NaN / year
What is the lowest pay for Development Officers in Houston?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Development Officer in Houston is $NaN / year
How can Development Officers increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Development Officer is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Development Officer that oversees more junior Development Officers, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.