Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Director, Career Services is $61,250
What Do Director, Career Services Do?
The director of career services manages the overall functions of an institution’s career services office and employees. They interact regularly with faculty members, students, prospective employers, and alumni, and they must be comfortable with public engagement at many levels. The director of career services regularly communicates in person, over email, and over the phone to help meet an institution’s career services objectives and quotas. These directors work to achieve student placement …Read more
- Manage career services staff, the administration of programs, and the career services budget.
- Design and implement programs to help students and alumni improve their job seeking skills.
- Establish partnerships for placing students in jobs with companies, organizations, and alumni.
- Sponsor events which encourage employers to come to campus and hire students and alumni.
- Run programs which assist students and alumni with career planning and applying for internships and jobs.