The average salary for a Director, Preschool at Presbyterian Church is $33,000.
Is Director, Preschool your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
$23k - $50k
$18k - $55k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Director, Preschool
Preschool directors manage the everyday activities of a preschool and are the administrator and point of contact for all employees and parents. Depending on the size of the preschool, some directors are the owners, while others have been hired into the position. Preschool directors oversee the budget, policies, programs, and staff of an early childhood learning center, typically catering to children aged three to five. They must make sure that the staff are complying with state and federal law…Read more
Director, Preschool Tasks
- Hire, supervise, direct, and evaluate preschool staff and teachers, design, and implement curriculum.
- Direct marketing activities to promote the preschool to parents, including placing ads and maintaining a website.
- Meet with parents to discuss student progress and answer questions about school programs.
- Maintain school paperwork, keeping files on each child, attendance and incident reports, and proof of meeting government regulations.
- Manage the school budget, paying expenses for facilities, authorize purchases, and ensure adequate revenue is coming in.
Popular Employer Salaries for Director, Preschool
The top respondents for the job title Director, Preschool are from the companies First United Methodist Church, KinderCare Learning Centers, Inc. and Community Preschool. Reported salaries are highest at KinderCare Learning Centers, Inc. where the average pay is $48,938. Other companies that offer high salaries for this role include YMCA and The Goddard School for Early Childhood Development, earning around $41,361 and $40,000, respectively. First United Methodist Church pays the lowest at around $35,234. Christian Church and Community Preschool also pay on the lower end of the scale, paying $35,750 and $39,531, respectively.
Director, Preschool Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Director, Preschool
Skills in Administration and Operations Management are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include People Management and Childhood Education.
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 11 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$41k - $102k
$33k - $68k
$28k - $55k
$32k - $71k
$45k - $170k
$34k - $69k
$40k - $84k
$38k - $78k
$42k - $77k
$33k - $58k