Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Director, Preschool is $42,986
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Director, Preschools?
An entry-level Director, Preschool with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $35,000 based on 12 salaries. An early career Director, Preschool with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $38,032 based on 230 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Director, Preschools Do?
Preschool directors manage the everyday activities of a preschool and are the administrator and point of contact for all employees and parents. Depending on the size of the preschool, some directors are the owners, while others have been hired into the position.
Preschool directors oversee the budget, policies, programs, and staff of an early childhood learning center, typically catering to children aged three to five. They must make sure that the staff are complying with state and federal …Read more
- Hire, supervise, direct, and evaluate preschool staff and teachers, design, and implement curriculum.
- Direct marketing activities to promote the preschool to parents, including placing ads and maintaining a website.
- Meet with parents to discuss student progress and answer questions about school programs.
- Maintain school paperwork, keeping files on each child, attendance and incident reports, and proof of meeting government regulations.
- Manage the school budget, paying expenses for facilities, authorize purchases, and ensure adequate revenue is coming in.