Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Director of Strategic Planning is $124,619
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Director of Strategic Plannings?
An entry-level Director of Strategic Planning with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $77,507 based on 7 salaries. An early career Director of Strategic Planning with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $94,368 based …Read more
What Do Director of Strategic Plannings Do?
The director of strategic planning holds a management-level position that involves working mainly with their company's senior management. These directors provide high-level guidance on the company's strategic plan, consulting with organizational leaders and making presentations on the company's past and future performance. They may work with the heads of multiple departments within the company (including finance, marketing, supply, and legal), company vendors, and other companies (to launch …Read more
- Lead strategic planning, and set and advocate for internal and external goals.
- Define, track, and communicate metrics around new initiatives, comparing to previous outcomes.
- Manage strategic planning team daily and lead organization-wide strategy meetings.
- Identify and communicate risks and opportunities and generate plans to address each.
- Develop, analyze, and communicate business models to guide business decisions, promoting data-driven strategic change.