Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Education Administrator, Elementary and Secondary School is $71,232
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Education Administrator, Elementary and Secondary Schools?
An entry-level Education Administrator, Elementary and Secondary School with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $49,948 based on 8 salaries. An early career Education Administrator, Elementary and Secondary School with 1-4 years of experience …Read more
What Do Education Administrator, Elementary and Secondary Schools Do?
Education administrators who specialize in elementary and secondary school environments typically work long hours during the school year. Administrators, such as the principal and vice principal, are typically onsite in a building several hours before the school day begins, as well as several hours after the final bell rings. Administrators work year-round to set their schools on a path to success, but are usually able to reduce the amount of hours they work when school is not in session during …Read more
- Oversee the administration, curriculum, services, and resources at a school or of a specific program offered by the school.
- Communicate school or program goals, vision, and needs to teachers, parents, the community, and school board.
- Secure adequate funding for school or program by submitting budget requests, apply for grants or other supplemental funding.
- Ensure compliance with all laws, implement safety regulations, and establish behavioral standards for students.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate school staff for a school or program.