Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Elementary School Teacher is $44,274
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Elementary School Teachers?
An early career Elementary School Teacher with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $39,489 based on 41 salaries. A mid-career Elementary School Teacher with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $41,113 based on 20 salaries. In their …Read more
What Do Elementary School Teachers Do?
An elementary school teacher is a person whose career involves educating students, typically those in grades one through six. Teachers at this level normally do not specialize in particular branches of education. Rather, they work to teach fundamentals and lay down educational foundations across a variety of disciplines, including reading comprehension, writing, arithmetic, science, and history.
Elementary school teachers must possess outstanding patience and an aptitude and enjoyment for …Read more
- Evaluate students and communicate progress with parents, guardians, and administrators.
- Plan, assign, and evaluate lessons, projects and tests.
- Maintain classroom discipline.
- Maintain accurate student records as required by laws and administrative regulations.
- Instruct elementary students individually and in groups.