Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for an Employment Specialist is $14.67
What Do Employment Specialists Do?
Employment specialist match current and/or future employees with specific positions within a company. Most specialists look at employees' skill sets and match them to an area that is best suited to the employees' needs and company's goals. This also includes being able to promote, demote, and hire for specific job areas. Employment specialists must listen to the needs of the company and employees, learn how employees' skill sets would affect the company, and ensure that there is a "career …Read more
- Generate interest in employment among candidates.
- Conduct training on topics which may include soft skills and resume writing.
- Guide candidates through employment process, assisting with all facets of job search, placement and employment.
- Assist candidates with developing appropriate social skills and work habits.
- Work with case management staff to develop integrated employment model.