Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Farmer is $16.22 in 2024
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Farmers?
An entry-level Farmer with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $11.47 based on 14 salaries. An early career Farmer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $14.91 based on 40 salaries. A mid-career Farmer with 5-9 …Read more
What Do Farmers Do?
A farmer performs a number of different roles on a farm, potentially working as a businessperson, laborer, manager, planner, and financier. Farmers must operate or maintain equipment such as milkers, combines, horse haulers, and trucks to move animals, grain, and crops. They also perform a number of labor-intensive tasks related to the animals and/or crops under their care.
If the farmer is independent and manages their own land, they must have excellent business skills to fund all of their …Read more
- Manage and participate in daily farm operations such as crop planning, tillage work, planting, and more.
- Make operational and crop management recommendations based on advancements in technology and new farming techniques.
- Ensure that farm operations and practices meet health, safety and environmental standards and regulations.
- Maintain and communicate operational and crop management records.
- Hire, train, and supervise farm crew.
How do Farmers Rate Their Jobs?
FAQs About Farmers
What is the highest pay for Farmers?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Farmer is $31.98 / hour
What is the lowest pay for Farmers?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Farmer is $11.57 / hour
How can Farmers increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Farmer is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Farmer that oversees more junior Farmers, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.