Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a General Manager, Golf Course is $57,472
What is the Pay by Experience Level for General Manager, Golf Courses?
An entry-level General Manager, Golf Course with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $50,980 based on 5 salaries. An early career General Manager, Golf Course with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $51,447 based on …Read more
What Do General Manager, Golf Courses Do?
A golf course general manager supervises their course's facilities. Typically, he or she is primarily concerned with physical aspects of the grounds and the course itself. The general manager often supervises team leads such as a head groundskeeper, head golf pro and others concerned with the course's operation. In addition to monitoring facilities' physical condition, general managers must ensure that the pro shop is adequately stocked, lessons and classes meet members' needs and members are …Read more
- Oversee all aspects of facility operations, including course maintenance, golf shop, food services, and the clubhouse.
- Enforce compliance with all club regulations and policies, minimizing club liability.
- Supervise, hire, train, and evaluate golf club staff.
- Manage club finances, including income, expenditures, and payroll, and ensure the club meets all contract and debt obligations.
- Increase club membership and retain current members through effective marketing and customer service.