Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a General Manager, Restaurant is $30,200
What Do General Manager, Restaurants Do?
The general manager of a restaurant is responsible for overseeing all of the restaurant's operations, which includes hiring and firing staff, purchasing food, supplies and equipment, and dealing with suppliers and vendors. The general manager also oversees maintenance and upkeep of the dining areas, kitchen, and exterior grounds of the restaurant; scheduling of staff; decisions regarding the menu; budgeting, accounting, payroll, and other financial matters; promoting and advertising the …Read more
- Develop operational, marketing, and business plans in conjunction with owners or board of directors.
- Estimate food and supply needs, oversee the placement of orders.
- Hire, train, and supervise managers and staff.
- Manage the budget, administer payroll, and make sure operations remain within budget.
- Establish and enforce standards and regulations for personnel, administration, entertainment, and food.
FAQs About General Manager, Restaurants
What is the highest pay for General Manager, Restaurants?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a General Manager, Restaurant is $NaN / year
What is the lowest pay for General Manager, Restaurants?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a General Manager, Restaurant is $NaN / year
How can General Manager, Restaurants increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a General Manager, Restaurant is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a General Manager, Restaurant that oversees more junior General Manager, Restaurants, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.