Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a General Manager, Restaurant is $48,000
What Do General Manager, Restaurants Do?
The general manager of a restaurant is responsible for overseeing all of the restaurant's operations, which includes hiring and firing staff, purchasing food, supplies and equipment, and dealing with suppliers and vendors. The general manager also oversees maintenance and upkeep of the dining areas, kitchen, and exterior grounds of the restaurant; scheduling of staff; decisions regarding the menu; budgeting, accounting, payroll, and other financial matters; promoting and advertising the …Read more
- Develop operational, marketing, and business plans in conjunction with owners or board of directors.
- Estimate food and supply needs, oversee the placement of orders.
- Hire, train, and supervise managers and staff.
- Manage the budget, administer payroll, and make sure operations remain within budget.
- Establish and enforce standards and regulations for personnel, administration, entertainment, and food.