The average salary for a General Manager with Inventory Management skills is $49,240.
Is General Manager your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
$39k - $80k
$258 - $19k
$0 - $8k
$27k - $78k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for General Manager
The position of a general manager requires leadership qualities and the ability to oversee a business and lead a team of employees. General manager positions can vary greatly, as most places of employment require some sort of management position, but the job's main requirements are the ability to run various tasks throughout the day, motivate others, and be responsible for a team of staff. Depending on the employer, most general managers work indoors in an office setting doing paperwork, creati…Read more
General Manager Tasks
- Plan, develop and implement the operational strategies and tactics.
- Ensure adequate management training and development to provide for management succession.
- Direct and lead staff in developing strategies to accomplish objectives approved by ownership.
- Plan, control, communicate and implement procedures and processes for the overall efficient operations of the business.
- Lead and direct executive management team in the development, production, promotion of products and services.
General Manager Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for General Manager
Skills in Operations Management, People Management, Customer Service, Team Leadership and Budget Management are correlated to pay that is above average.
Pay by Experience Level for General Manager
An early career General Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $45,000 based on 5 salaries. A mid-career General Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $48,749 based on 8 salaries. An experienced General Manager with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $51,526 based on 8 salaries.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 21 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$41k - $102k
$33k - $68k
$28k - $55k
$32k - $71k
$12k - $43k
$28k - $53k
$48k - $111k
$34k - $69k
$24k - $74k
$38k - $78k