Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Industrial-Organizational Psychologist is $73,500
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Industrial-Organizational Psychologists?
An early career Industrial-Organizational Psychologist with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $42,000 based on 8 salaries. A mid-career Industrial-Organizational Psychologist with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $52,000 based on …Read more
What Do Industrial-Organizational Psychologists Do?
Industrial/organizational psychologists assist in research design, assessment exercises, interviews, and survey work for organizations. Their goal is to analyze human behavior and interactions in a workplace environment. These psychologists work with a small team to improve selection tools, testing programs, policies, and other human-resources issues. This often involves counseling management, as well as activities such as focus groups, presentations, survey administration, and interpreting …Read more
- Work with management to reorganize the work setting to improve worker productivity
- Develop and implement employee selection and placement, training and performance programs
- Observe and interview workers, write reports on research findings and implications
- Advise management of training needs via a gap analysis
- Administer competency tests, rating scales and psychological tests