The average hourly pay for a Mid-Career Loss Mitigation Specialist with Mortgage Loans skills is $18.75.
Is Loss Mitigation Specialist your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$15 - $24
$0 - $2,100
$0 - $9,000
$34,324 - $62,364
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Loss Mitigation Specialist
Loss mitigation specialists typically work with mortgage holders who are at risk of foreclosure. Many of these specialists have backgrounds in loss mitigation and knowledge of real estate and finance laws, and they are familiar with the loan process in its entirety. They are also experienced in customer service and collections, as strong verbal and written communication skills are essential for this position, and negotiating skills are also beneficial. Loss mitigation specialists contact mortga…Read more
Loss Mitigation Specialist Tasks
- Assess servicing files to determine if required loss mitigation activities were completed and documented according to internal and external requirements.
- Manage and maintain loss mitigation documentation files.
- Evaluate foreclosed loans and determine if they were processed according to internal and external requirements.
- Perform financial analysis and assess borrowers' financial situation to establish if a borrower can reinstate the mortgage fully or in part.
- Coordinate with borrowers within investor and vendor guidelines to resolve any delinquencies and evade foreclosure.
Explore the most common career paths for Loss Mitigation Specialist. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
Loss Mitigation Specialist
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Loss Mitigation Specialist Job Listings
Popular Skills for Loss Mitigation Specialist
Avg. Hourly Rate
Skills that pay less than market rate include Oral / Verbal Communication, Bill Collections, Negotiation, Loan Processing and Customer Service.
Pay by Experience Level for Loss Mitigation Specialist
An early career Loss Mitigation Specialist with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $18.02 based on 27 salaries. An experienced Loss Mitigation Specialist with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $20.79 based on 24 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $27.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 59 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$12 - $21
$8 - $12
$12 - $25
$12 - $29
$8 - $14
$10 - $22
$11 - $19