The average hourly pay for a Mid-Career Loss Mitigation Specialist with Customer Service skills is $18.67.
Is Loss Mitigation Specialist your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
$16 - $20
$0 - $5,500
$30,773 - $60,912
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Loss Mitigation Specialist
Loss mitigation specialists typically work with mortgage holders who are at risk of foreclosure. Many of these specialists have backgrounds in loss mitigation and knowledge of real estate and finance laws, and they are familiar with the loan process in its entirety. They are also experienced in customer service and collections, as strong verbal and written communication skills are essential for this position, and negotiating skills are also beneficial. Loss mitigation specialists contact mortga…Read more
Loss Mitigation Specialist Tasks
- Assess servicing files to determine if required loss mitigation activities were completed and documented according to internal and external requirements.
- Manage and maintain loss mitigation documentation files.
- Evaluate foreclosed loans and determine if they were processed according to internal and external requirements.
- Perform financial analysis and assess borrowers' financial situation to establish if a borrower can reinstate the mortgage fully or in part.
- Coordinate with borrowers within investor and vendor guidelines to resolve any delinquencies and evade foreclosure.
Loss Mitigation Specialist Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Loss Mitigation Specialist
Avg. Hourly Rate
Skills in Mortgage Loans are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Bill Collections, Oral / Verbal Communication, Negotiation and Loan Processing.
Pay by Experience Level for Loss Mitigation Specialist
An early career Loss Mitigation Specialist with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $17.32 based on 21 salaries. An experienced Loss Mitigation Specialist with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $17.00 based on 9 salaries.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 30 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$12 - $22
$8 - $12
$12 - $25
$12 - $30
$8 - $15
$10 - $22
$11 - $19
$17 - $42