Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Machinist Set Up Operator is $18.83
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Machinist Set Up Operators?
An early career Machinist Set Up Operator with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $16.79 based on 155 salaries. A mid-career Machinist Set Up Operator with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $19.22 based on 113 salaries. An …Read more
What Do Machinist Set Up Operators Do?
A machinist set up operator is responsible for the set up and maintenance of the machine(s) for which they are responsible. This includes such tasks as being able to start or restart the equipment after there has been a power interruption, as well as conducting new new start-ups. The operator should have an in-depth knowledge for the equipment to troubleshoot and fix a variety of errors. The ability to interpret and translate 2D and 3D engineering designs - as well as the ability to read …Read more
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments.
- Select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines.
- Operate various types of machine tools to perform progressive machining.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications.
- Detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjust machine controls as necessary.