The average salary for a Materials Manager with Materials Requirement Planning (MRP) skills in Austin, Texas is $94,000.
Is Materials Manager your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
$64k - $109k
$63k - $130k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Materials Manager
The materials manager oversees the intake and distribution of all components and materials used by organizations. They are responsible for delegating tasks to subordinates and overseeing the completion of these tasks. The materials manager also maintains inventory levels to meet demand, as well as oversees purchasing and the shipping and receiving process. The materials manager must create and maintain relationships with suppliers. This incudes scheduling regular audits of the approved suppliers…Read more
Materials Manager Tasks
- Manage supplier relationships, lead negotiations, and track quality, price, and delivery metrics.
- Modify processes and procedures for shipping, receiving, transport, and inventory control to reduce waste and increase throughput.
- Document and analyze all materials quality, movement, and use.
- Maintain inventory accuracy and turnover to allow production.
- Ensure that inventory is available and distributed across the organization to meet performance goals.
Materials Manager Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Materials Manager
Skills in Supply Chain are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Procurement, Project Management, Microsoft Excel and Inventory Management.
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with .NET Software Developer / Programmer in these locations earn less than the national average. The lowest salaries can be found in Grand Rapids, Michigan (14.9% less), Cleveland, Ohio (11.6% less) and Salt Lake City, Utah (10.6% less).
Related Job Salaries
$41k - $102k
$28k - $55k
$48k - $111k
$32k - $70k
$40k - $76k
$34k - $69k
$33k - $68k
$38k - $77k
$53k - $98k
$45k - $81k