Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Materials Manager is $57,533
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Materials Managers?
An early career Materials Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $64,422 based on 467 salaries. A mid-career Materials Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $74,490 based on 489 salaries. An experienced Materials …Read more
What Do Materials Managers Do?
The materials manager oversees the intake and distribution of all components and materials used by organizations. They are responsible for delegating tasks to subordinates and overseeing the completion of these tasks. The materials manager also maintains inventory levels to meet demand, as well as oversees purchasing and the shipping and receiving process. The materials manager must create and maintain relationships with suppliers. This incudes scheduling regular audits of the approved …Read more
- Maintain inventory accuracy and turnover to allow production.
- Ensure that inventory is available and distributed across the organization to meet performance goals.
- Document and analyze all materials quality, movement, and use.
- Manage supplier relationships, lead negotiations, and track quality, price, and delivery metrics.
- Modify processes and procedures for shipping, receiving, transport, and inventory control to reduce waste and increase throughput.