Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Media Relations Manager is $68,649
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Media Relations Managers?
An early career Media Relations Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $59,702 based on 39 salaries. A mid-career Media Relations Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $65,309 based on 60 salaries. An experienced …Read more
What Do Media Relations Managers Do?
A media relations manager is responsible for overseeing all communications from their organization with various forms of media, including cultivating and managing all relationships with media representatives. This person will generally work in an office environment and maintain typical daytime, weekday hours. Most organizations will require that their media relations manager have a bachelor’s degree in a field such as media relations or communication, and many require a master’s degree. These …Read more
- Write and disseminate content about the organization and its activities.
- Edit video, audio, and other multi-media content.
- Respond to media inquiries and develop relationships with media outlets.
- Manage social media and event planning, including special projects.
- Develop and implement strategies for increasing and targeting reach, awareness and impact.