Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Owner / Operator is $80,283
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Owner / Operators?
An early career Owner / Operator with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $65,000 based on 49 salaries. A mid-career Owner / Operator with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $63,615 based on 38 salaries. An experienced Owner / …Read more
What Do Owner / Operators Do?
An owner/operator is the chief stakeholder in a business operation. He or she is the person who has typically put up the majority financial stake in the business and thus acts as the overseer of all operations and output from it. Typically an owner/operator is found in the small business sector, where sole proprietorships or simple majority ownership is common. The owner/operator may be in charge of businesses that range from retail stores to service-oriented businesses or restaurants and bars. …Read more
- Oversee company operations, directing production, sales, administrative, and/or distribution activities.
- Oversee and/or assist with personnel management, including hiring, training, and performance evaluation.
- Oversee and/or assist with client acquisition and marketing strategies.
- Develop and/or assist with company-wide policies, procedures, objectives, and business strategies.
- Direct and review financial activities, measuring productivity, setting prices, and/or managing budgets.