The average salary for a Partner - Accounting Firm is $168,800.
Partner - Accounting Firm by
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education Find your market worth with a report tailored to you Negotiate your pay with confidence
What Do Partner - Accounting Firms Do?
Typically, there are two types of accounting firm partners: equity partners and salaried partners. Equity partners are the highest-level individuals in the business, as they have usually put forth some of their own money to support the business. Salaried partners are those who have not invested directly in the business financially, but who are eligible for profit-sharing. Depending on the firm, a prospective partner may be asked to buy in before joining.
Each firm has its own track to partnersh…Read more
Partner - Accounting Firm Tasks
- Act as the highest executive of the accounting firm to direct and determine the final decision on all its projects and activities.
- Establish the firm's policies and procedures, and make sure these practices are carried out in all of the firm's offices.
- Manage the accounting firm's staff, select managers, and evaluate manager's performances.
- Responsible for the financial well-being of the firm and ensure that the offices bring in a profit.
- Oversee the operation of regional offices, coordinate their activities, and monitor their performance.
Job Satisfaction for Partner - Accounting Firm
Popular Employer Salaries for Partner - Accounting Firm
Partner - Accounting Firm Job Listings
What Are Popular Skills for Partner - Accounting Firms?
Skills in Auditing and Leadership are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Tax Consulting, Tax Preparation and Accounting.
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Partner - Accounting Firms?
An early career Partner - Accounting Firm with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $119,219 based on 11 salaries. A mid-career Partner - Accounting Firm with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $130,000 based on 16 salaries. An experienced Partner - Accounting Firm with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $162,034 based on 167 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $192,794.
Pay Difference by Location
Employees with Partner - Accounting Firm in their job title in Indianapolis, Indiana earn an average of 141.4% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in Chicago, Illinois (48.1% more) and Dallas, Texas (48.1% more).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 381 survey responses.