Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Patient Access Manager is $60,865
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Patient Access Managers?
An early career Patient Access Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $52,767 based on 39 salaries. A mid-career Patient Access Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $60,943 based on 44 salaries. An experienced …Read more
What Do Patient Access Managers Do?
Patient access managers generally work in hospitals. They oversee the admissions/registration department of a hospital. Some of the typical duties for patient access managers include mentoring and training new staff in the admissions department, monitoring the data collected in the admission process for accuracy, coordinating the daily activities of staff members in the department to ensure a high level of customer service, and ensuring that all staff members in their department are complying …Read more
- Ensure services are in compliance with patient confidentiality and other professional standards, state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Manage the selection, training and development of patient access staff.
- Ensure services meet patient requests through accessibility, timeliness and ease of registration and related services.
- Monitor budget and utilize operational resources, participate in program development.
- Oversee day-to-day patient access operations and staff.