Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Production Manager, Manufacturing is $72,937
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Production Manager, Manufacturings?
An entry-level Production Manager, Manufacturing with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $58,890 based on 85 salaries. An early career Production Manager, Manufacturing with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of …Read more
What Do Production Manager, Manufacturings Do?
Production managers in the manufacturing field are mainly responsible for overseeing the operations of a given manufacturing plant. Since they serve a managerial role, they are also responsible for scheduling employees and managing the work load and projects. Production managers must supervise and plan, but must be ready to demonstrate their trade for their employees through training, so they generally should be physically fit and in some cases, able to lift heavy loads or operate different …Read more
- Monitor budget and utilize operational resources, participate in safety program development.
- Manage the selection, training and development of production staff.
- Coordinate maintenance and repair of machines to avoid downtime and delays, ensure production process and machinery are in compliance with customer specifications and professional and safety standards.
- Oversee day-to-day production schedules, operational and plant activities.
- Review engineering recommended process changes to ensure process is appropriate with operating goals.