Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Relationship Banker is $47,846
What Do Relationship Bankers Do?
A relationship banker is an employee of a bank or other lending institution that is responsible for dealing with customers on a one-on-one basis. This may mean being assigned specific clients or patrons and subsequently handling all transactions and assistance for them, or it may simply mean that the banker works in the front of the bank, dealing with most personal interactions that require expert help that tellers cannot provide. This is a position that has become more crucial for banks as …Read more
- Qualify potential members for membership by opening checking accounts, savings accounts, IRAs, CDs, and processing loan applications.
- Identify the needs of members by cross-selling and up-selling products and referring them to a personal banker.
- Authorize, approve, and research transactions; perform overrides, approve check holds, and make check cashing decisions.
- Process a variety of teller transactions including deposits, withdrawals, payments and transfers.
- Provide knowledge of products and services to consult with new members to identify products and services that best fit their needs.