Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Retail Banker is $14.91
What Do Retail Bankers Do?
Retail bankers normally work one on one with customers to handle transactions such as check cashing, withdrawals, loan repayments, cash advances, and money transfers. They are also generally responsible for meeting sales goals. Retail bankers may work with customers in a face-to-face role at a physical bank location, or they may work in a call center environment. A successful retail banker has strong customer service skills, as well as a good understanding of basic math, basic computer skills, …Read more
- Process a variety of customer transactions accurately and efficiently in adherence to bank policies and regulations.
- Address customer questions and concerns by phone and in person.
- Assists with courtesy and collection calls as needed and seeks assistance from more knowledgeable branch staff when necessary.
- Open and perform account maintenance on certificate of deposit, consumer and business accounts.
- Perform opening, closing, and other branch servicing duties such as cash and vault balancing.