Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Security Director (Physical, Personnel, Grounds, et al.) is $133,546
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Security Director (Physical, Personnel, Grounds, et al.)s?
An experienced Security Director (Physical, Personnel, Grounds, et al.) with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $150,000 based on 8 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $138,493.
What Do Security Director (Physical, Personnel, Grounds, et al.)s Do?
A director of physical security resides over all of his/her company’s assets within particular facilities in a region. This director is responsible for developing the standard practices which keep the company's facilities and products safe and continuously monitoring these practices to ensure they are adhering to all security policies. When the policies are not being followed, the director must make corrections and provide discipline when necessary.
Some travel may be required for this …Read more
- Develop policy and procedures for protection services operations.
- Conduct physical examinations of property to ensure compliance with security policies and regulations.
- Communicate security status, updates, and actual or potential problems, using established protocols.
- Manage special projects, research, and assignments related to loss prevention and security.
- Ensure that all loss and safety incidents involving customers, vendors or employees are thoroughly investigated.