Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Small Business Owner / Operator is $40,000 in 2024
What Do Small Business Owner / Operators Do?
Small business owners and operators work in a variety of industries such as retail goods, auto repair, home inspection, and many others. Their primary duties (outside of their respective skill or trade) include managing employees, providing customer service, promoting their business, filing and documenting appropriate business accounts, and ensuring their business meets any local, state, and federal requirements. Small business owners may work from a storefront, office space, or even from their …Read more
- Oversee company operations, directing production, sales, administrative, and/or distribution activities.
- Oversee and/or assist with personnel management, including hiring, training, and performance evaluation.
- Oversee and/or assist with client acquisition and marketing strategies.
- Develop and/or assist with company-wide policies, procedures, objectives, and business strategies.
- Direct and review financial activities, measuring productivity, setting prices, and/or managing budgets.
FAQs About Small Business Owner / Operators
What is the highest pay for Small Business Owner / Operators?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Small Business Owner / Operator is $NaN / year
What is the lowest pay for Small Business Owner / Operators?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Small Business Owner / Operator is $NaN / year
How can Small Business Owner / Operators increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Small Business Owner / Operator is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Small Business Owner / Operator that oversees more junior Small Business Owner / Operators, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.