Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Technical Support Manager is $79,409
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Technical Support Managers?
An entry-level Technical Support Manager with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $42,400 based on 7 salaries. An early career Technical Support Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $67,972 based on 23 …Read more
What Do Technical Support Managers Do?
Technical support managers supervise a company's technical support. They must provide their team with strong leadership and direction to increase productivity. Being able to resolve the issues of customers and employees, being able to motivate a team, and being able to identify problems and recommend improvements to technical support processes are vital.
Strong computer skills, leadership traits, and technical accreditations are a must for technical support managers, as is an ability to …Read more
- Perform analyses, create reports, and implement emergency plans.
- Participate in root cause analysis and communicate findings to customers.
- Prioritize projects, identify goals, determine budget, and assign staff to reach goals.
- Oversee daily operations, including schedules, escalations, and reporting.
- Maintain performance metrics and survey targets for quality service delivery.