Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Youth Director (Church) is $37,851
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Youth Director (Church)s?
An entry-level Youth Director (Church) with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $29,779 based on 18 salaries. An early career Youth Director (Church) with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $36,608 based on 111 …Read more
What Do Youth Director (Church)s Do?
Youth directors at churches are typically responsible for developing and organizing programs directed toward children and young adults in order to aid their spiritual development. Some may also provide counseling for troubled youth, and others create entire schedules of youth activities and work with both inside and outside parties to bring these events to life.
Most positions require that youth directors believe and practice the religion of the church, and knowledge of the Bible is important …Read more
- Communicate a vision of youth ministry and advocate for youth and youth ministry within and outside the parish.
- Develop, design and lead outreach programs and retreats. Share faith and lead others to do the same.
- Develop programming that educates and leads young people in justice and community service.
- Develop a sense of community both among young people, and between young people and the broader faith community.
- Design, organize and lead systematic and intentional adolescent religious instruction.
How do Youth Director (Church)s Rate Their Jobs?
FAQs About Youth Director (Church)s
What is the highest pay for Youth Director (Church)s?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Youth Director (Church) is $53k / year
What is the lowest pay for Youth Director (Church)s?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Youth Director (Church) is $25k / year
How can Youth Director (Church)s increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Youth Director (Church) is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Youth Director (Church) that oversees more junior Youth Director (Church)s, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.