Avg. Base Salary (ZAR)
The average salary for a Claims Administrator is R167,049
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Claims Administrators?
An entry-level Claims Administrator with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of R102,096 based on 9 salaries. An early career Claims Administrator with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of R145,453 based on 126 salaries. …Read more
What Do Claims Administrators Do?
A claims administrator is responsible for working with insurance claims in the medical/healthcare field, as well as property insurance. These administrators are employed by a variety of organizations, but generally work within office environments and keep traditional weekly business hours, although overtime may occasionally be necessary. An associate’s degree in an area such as public administration is often required, and some employers prefer those with a bachelor’s degree in a related field. …Read more
- Coordinate insurance process across departments, tracking claims and reporting on aggregate metrics.
- Support and mentor staff in insurance resources, standards, data, and contacts.
- Review claim submissions and determine eligibility and level of coverage.
- Prepare and monitor insurance budgets and report on exceptional circumstances.
- File claims, enter data, and update databases with current daily information.