Avg. Base Salary (ZAR)
The average salary for a General Manager is R415,284
What is the Pay by Experience Level for General Managers?
An early career General Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of R196,800 based on 40 salaries. A mid-career General Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of R420,000 based on 32 salaries. An experienced General …Read more
What Do General Managers Do?
The position of a general manager requires leadership qualities and the ability to oversee a business and lead a team of employees. General manager positions can vary greatly, as most places of employment require some sort of management position, but the job's main requirements are the ability to run various tasks throughout the day, motivate others, and be responsible for a team of staff.
Depending on the employer, most general managers work indoors in an office setting doing paperwork, …Read more
- Plan, develop and implement the operational strategies and tactics.
- Ensure adequate management training and development to provide for management succession.
- Direct and lead staff in developing strategies to accomplish objectives approved by ownership.
- Plan, control, communicate and implement procedures and processes for the overall efficient operations of the business.
- Lead and direct executive management team in the development, production, promotion of products and services.