Avg. Base Salary (ZAR)
The average salary for a Branch Manager, Retail is R225,930
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Branch Manager, Retails?
An early career Branch Manager, Retail with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of R176,801 based on 72 salaries. A mid-career Branch Manager, Retail with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of R206,910 based on 68 salaries. An experienced …Read more
What Do Branch Manager, Retails Do?
The retail branch manager oversees day-to-day operations for a store that is typically affiliated, franchised, or owned by a larger corporate entity with multiple locations. While they may may delegate authority to department managers and floor supervisors, the branch manager must ensure that systems and standards are established and enforced.
Usually corporations that have many stores have standard procedures and systems with various degrees of flexibility for the branch manager; these …Read more
- Manage the daily operation and administration of a branch of a retail store.
- Set and enforce standards for customer service, receiving and addressing customer complaints.
- Oversee store inventory, ordering and receiving products, monitoring product quality, and adjusting inventory to meet customer needs.
- Monitor store financial performance, setting business objectives and implementing strategies to meet those targets.
- Supervise branch employees, overseeing hiring, discipline, training, promotions, and scheduling.