Avg. Base Salary (ZAR)
The average salary for a Technical Support Manager is R385,000
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Technical Support Managers?
A mid-career Technical Support Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of R291,648 based on 5 salaries. An experienced Technical Support Manager with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of R525,776 based on 7 salaries.
What Do Technical Support Managers Do?
Technical support managers supervise a company's technical support. They must provide their team with strong leadership and direction to increase productivity. Being able to resolve the issues of customers and employees, being able to motivate a team, and being able to identify problems and recommend improvements to technical support processes are vital.
Strong computer skills, leadership traits, and technical accreditations are a must for technical support managers, as is an ability to …Read more
- Perform analyses, create reports, and implement emergency plans.
- Participate in root cause analysis and communicate findings to customers.
- Prioritize projects, identify goals, determine budget, and assign staff to reach goals.
- Oversee daily operations, including schedules, escalations, and reporting.
- Maintain performance metrics and survey targets for quality service delivery.