The customer service supervisor is responsible for overall customer service and customer satisfaction. The customer service supervisor must effectively lead and motivate their team of junior customer service representatives, as well as provide employees with performance feedback, proper training, and guidance. A key aspect of this role is effectively leading the team and ensuring all customer service needs are met in a timely manner. The customer service supervisor must be familiar with the company’s products/services and the customers that are served. Customer communications is a regular part of this position.
A high school diploma or GED typically is required for this position, with a preference for college graduates. Previous experience leading a team is a must. The customer service supervisor should be an effective communicator and be able to present their thoughts and ideas well. Being able to display strong organizational and leadership skills is also a plus.
Customer Service Supervisor Tasks
- Recommends solutions for customers complaints.
- Coordinates with other departments to resolve issues involving the customer services department.
- Responsible for the staffing level of the department.
- Communicates, implements and interprets new and existing policies and procedures to staffs within the department.
- Supervises the day-to-day activities of customer service department within established policies and procedures.