Chairman of the Board Salary
The average pay for a Chairman of the Board is $117,916 per year.
Job Description for Chairman of the Board
A chairman of the board is a senior executive who is often responsible for the overall performance of a company and leads as the highest-ranking officer of the board of directors.Read More...
Chairmen lead their boards by scheduling and directing meetings. Understanding the company and its ultimate goal is crucial to success, as the board pursues all avenues of the company's activities. Leadership is absolutely essential in this position in order to lead employees and develop boards into highly successful entities.
Chairmen must implement their companies' strategic plans, which requires in-depth knowledge, foresight, and the ability to lead others to accomplish these plans. Exceptional diplomatic skills and general ease in cultivating relationships is very important, and chairmen must also persuade consensus among diverse groups of people.
Those in this position have amassed a great deal of professional experience, including in leadership roles, prior success as a board member, and demonstrable commitment to the company itself. Personal qualities of chairman must include integrity, a knowledgeable identity, and passion for both the company and its goals. Much of the work is relational, or will require a relational aspect to achieve, and skill and leadership in these areas will help both the chairman and company succeed.
Chairman of the Board Tasks
- Ensure that organization complies with relevant laws and governance protocols.
- Preside over Board meetings and guide decision-making and policy development.
- Identify and build relationships with key figures, acting as ambassador for the organization.
- Develop goals and objectives for regulatory, governance, outreach, recruitment and budgetary decisions.
- Coordinate annual performance review of executive staff.