Computer Systems Analyst Salary
Job Description for Computer Systems Analyst
Computer systems analysts use computers and related systems to automate functions and integrate them into distributing, manufacturing, sales, and other related functions. These analysts look at what a business unit or organization is attempting to do and then figure out how to use computer technology to streamline and automate those processes to achieve maximum accuracy and efficiency. Computer systems analysts must have a clear idea of what processes he or she is trying to automate. They break down processes into component parts, conduct cost analysis, and then figure out the software and hardware requirements to execute. Additionally, the analyst likely designs applications and tailors hardware for each need per its specific requirements.Read More...
Computer systems analysts often examine existing computerized processes. They look for inefficiencies in the systems and areas that can be improved. The analyst is then called upon to create improvements, new iterations, or even completely different solutions that enhance or fix existing systems. Computer systems analysts typically work during regular business hours in an office environment.
The basic educational requirements for employment in this field is a bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering with a programming and design emphasis. Some larger companies seek out candidates who have graduate-level degrees in business and business management as well.
Computer Systems Analyst Tasks
- Recommend, install, configure, maintain, and upgrade all computer and networking software and hardware for use in an office, department, or small company.
- Monitor network and systems for performance, security,and other issues.
- Install, configure, maintain, upgrade, and troubleshoot file, email, and authentication servers, as well as Internet access and other networked services.
- Assist users with software, hardware, and connectivity issues.
- Translate requirements into new information technology project specifications.
Computer Systems Analyst Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Popular Employer Salaries for Computer Systems Analyst
Popular Skills for Computer Systems Analyst
Pay by Experience Level for Computer Systems Analyst
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Computer Systems Analyst Reviews
Related Job Salaries
Key Stats for Computer Systems Analyst
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 59 votes.