Fitness Director Salary
The average salary for a Fitness Director is $40,891 per year. A skill in Training is associated with high pay for this job.
Job Description for Fitness Director
Fitness directors are typically responsible for leading team of fitness and personal trainers and overseeing the facility's daily operations. Other tasks include auditing fitness programs for maximum effectiveness and scheduling shifts and tasks for employees.Read More...
Fitness directors should have a strong background in finances in order to manage budgets and cost-control measures, and some may research and develop programs for children and the community as part of community outreach programs. Fitness directors serve as the face of a program and must have an outgoing and friendly demeanor, and should also be able to work well under pressure and resolve complaints in an efficient and timely manner. Employers often require at least one year of on-site personal training experience in addition to financial skills, and a minimum of three national certifications and a four-year degree in personal fitness or health may also be required by some employers.
While a marketing background is not necessarily required for fitness directors, they may be responsible for marketing to the local community and informing the public of upcoming events or programs. They are also responsible for growing the membership of their locations, implementing personal trainer goals, and keeping them accountable for their performances. Some may also accommodate for the personal training of important and VIP clients and develop plans and programs for these clients.
Fitness Director Tasks
- Develop, control and evaluate the fitness area budget, statistics, schedules and programs as well as purchase equipment.
- Assist with facility management and supervision duties.
- Ensure quality member service by identifying the needs and wants of members and participants as priority and respond to their concerns.
- Teach fitness classes and substitute for absent instructors.
- Recruit, supervise and train group fitness instructors, including volunteers, and conduct class observations.
Fitness Director Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Pay by Experience Level for Fitness Director
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Related Job Salaries
Key Stats for Fitness Director
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 16 votes.