Law Firm Partner Salary
Job Description for Law Firm Partner
A law firm partner is a joint owner of their firm and helps oversee its day-to-day operations. They directly supervise the firm’s legal and technical support teams, coordinate logistics for new cases, and manage budgets and vendor relationships. Other duties of a law firm partner include handling numerous cases simultaneously, interacting with lawyers within the firm to provide advice and guidance, managing payroll, and hiring clerks. These professionals also implement initiatives in the office to make sure that the office remains compliant with local, state, and federal regulations, as well as update staff on administrative issues as necessary.Read More...
Law firm partners work in large and small firms that handle a wide variety of cases and practice different types of law. These individuals need a degree from an accredited law school and to have passed the bar for the state in which they practice. Previous experience as a lawyer is required as well. Additionally, law firm partners must have an excellent understanding of the area(s) of law in which their firm specializes, proficiency with basic computer programs such as the Microsoft Office suite, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills. They must work well in a team setting with other members of their firm, as well as on their own with minimal supervision.
Law Firm Partner Tasks
- Advise clients in business transactions, claim liablility, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits or legal rights and obligations.
- Select jurors, argue motions, meet with judges and question witnesses during the course of a trial.
- Represent clients in court or before government agencies, present and summarize cases to judges and juries.
- Gather evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions; evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments for presentation of cases.
- Analyze and interpret laws, rulings and regulations with probable case outcomes for individuals and businesses.
Law Firm Partner Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Pay by Experience Level for Law Firm Partner
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Pay Difference by Location
Related Job Salaries
Key Stats for Law Firm Partner
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 64 votes.