Retail Store Director Salary
A Retail Store Director earns an average salary of $69,876 per year. Experience has a moderate effect on income for this job.
Job Description for Retail Store Director
Retail store directors are tasked with leading groups of employees in a retail setting and motivating them to provide quality customer service. As such, leadership skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of people are essential in this position.Read More...
Retail store directors are responsible for hiring and firing employees, creating schedules, evaluating staff performance, achieving financial objectives, meeting scheduling expenditures, and creating annual reports. They must also maintain a clean working environment and the availability of merchandise and find new ways to market particular items. Retail stores can vary greatly, but in all cases these directors are tasked with working with and coordinating employees and ensuring their satisfaction while improving sales for the business.
An associate's degree and at least five years of relevant prior experience are often minimum requirements for this position, and some employers may require a bachelor's degree and training certificates. Hours for retail store directors can vary depending on the job and location, but most work during regular weekly business hours.
Retail Store Director Tasks
- Coordinate store departments and assist department managers with meeting sales objectives.
- Implement management's plans for promotions and meeting sales targets.
- Provide customer service, build relationships with customers, and resolve customer complaints.
- Enforce all company policies and government regulations, such as health codes, employee rights, and measurement standards.
- Manage store costs and oversee store budget and payroll.
Retail Store Director Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Popular Skills for Retail Store Director
Pay by Experience Level for Retail Store Director
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.