The average salary for a Mortgage Broker with Loan Processing skills in Australia is AU$55,000.
Is Mortgage Broker your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
AU$49k - AU$64k
AU$0 - AU$3k
AU$0 - AU$6k
AU$49k - AU$75k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Mortgage Broker
A mortgage broker works as a go-between for people seeking a home loan and potential lenders. The broker typically has a list of lenders and their respective offerings and requirements; they then work with loan seekers to match them with the lender that best suits their needs. Mortgage brokers are typically paid a commission by the person signing the mortgage and a fee by the lending bank. Throughout the mortgage process, the broker helps facilitate communication between the bank and the borrowe…Read more
Mortgage Broker Tasks
- Interview and document credit, income, and financial history of clients.
- Deploy marketing and sales strategies to attract new clients.
- Mediate between the prospective homebuyer and the lending institution to underwrite and structure financial solutions.
- Assess local mortgage market to find deals for client.
- Apply for loans on behalf of borrower and collect documentation to pre-approve client.
Explore the most common career paths for Mortgage Broker. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Mortgage Broker Job Listings
Popular Skills for Mortgage Broker
Skills in Mortgage Loans, Residential Loans, Customer Service, Financial Analysis and Sales are correlated to pay that is above average.
Related Job Salaries
AU$44k - AU$69k
AU$55k - AU$135k
AU$30k - AU$51k
AU$53k - AU$124k
AU$37k - AU$74k
AU$40k - AU$60k
AU$31k - AU$55k
AU$49k - AU$90k
AU$40k - AU$61k
AU$40k - AU$61k