Avg. Base Salary (CAD)
The average salary for a Development Officer is C$48,894
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Development Officers?
An early career Development Officer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of C$47,595 based on 31 salaries. A mid-career Development Officer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of C$50,050 based on 13 salaries. An experienced …Read more
What Do Development Officers Do?
Development officers are in charge of funding- and donor-related activities for their organization. They coordinate fundraising initiatives and collect current and prospective donor information. They cultivate professional relationships with individuals, foundations, and other agencies; they also provide continuous support to company marketing efforts.
Most of the time, development officers must use research databases to effectively identify possible benefactors; they document all donations …Read more
- Cultivate, solicit and provide attentive stewardship for philanthropic donors.
- Manage donor events, including identifying guests and coordinating organizational support for events.
- Work with marketing and program staff to customize materials for successful marketing and solicitation.
- Increase the number and quality of donor prospects through individual visits, research, donor database management and networking.
- Manage portfolio prospects, using focused strategic approaches.