Avg. Base Salary (CAD)
The average salary for a Recruiter is C$49,831
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Recruiters?
An entry-level Recruiter with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of C$42,907 based on 61 salaries. An early career Recruiter with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of C$49,149 based on 496 salaries. A mid-career …Read more
What Do Recruiters Do?
Recruiters work in a variety of fields, with one of the most common positions being a job recruiter. A job recruiter is hired by a particular company to find qualified employees. They often explore popular resume-posting websites and seek out qualified candidates for interviews; many recruiters often travel to job fairs and various events for job seekers. Recruiters may work for a single company or for multiple companies at once as an independent contractor.
Recruiters must be good at …Read more
- Evaluate candidates' strengths compared with clients' requirements, and recommend the best candidates to clients after a detailed screening and skill assessment.
- Stay current on trends, emerging technologies and new and hard to find skill sets.
- Network extensively to find potential candidates and clients.
- Source through internal candidate database as well as professional associations, referrals, and other networking resources.
- Negotiate wage rates and other terms and conditions of employment with candidates.
How do Recruiters Rate Their Jobs?
FAQs About Recruiters
What is the highest pay for Recruiters?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Recruiter is CA$70k / year
What is the lowest pay for Recruiters?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Recruiter is CA$39k / year
How can Recruiters increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Recruiter is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Recruiter that oversees more junior Recruiters, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.