The average salary for a General Sales Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland: Edinburgh is £33,000.
Is General Sales Manager your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
£0 - £33k
£0 - £32k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for General Sales Manager
General sales managers oversee the sales department at a company or business. Their duties often include hiring and training sales employees, working with the sales team to ensure they meet goals and targets, compiling data from the sales team to present to upper management, and ensuring that the company is bringing in enough revenue. Depending on the size of the business, a general sales manager may also be responsible for general marketing duties, such as strategic planning or developing effec…Read more
General Sales Manager Tasks
- Maintain contact with key markets by visiting and investigating the operations and local conditions.
- Manage and train sales staff, implement sales incentive programs and goals to increase employee performance.
- Develop, forecast and monitor budget and utilize operational resources.
- Plan and implement sales programs for one or more of the company's product line.
- Ensure execution of the developed sales strategies, plans and advertising and promotional programs.
Explore the most common career paths for General Sales Manager. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
General Sales Manager
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
General Sales Manager Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with General Sales Manager in their job title in Leeds, England: Leeds earn an average of 4.9% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in London, England: London (1.5% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Manchester, England: Manchester (26.4% less), Carlisle, England: Cumbria (20.5% less) and Bournemouth, England: Dorset (19.7% less).
Related Job Salaries
£23k - £55k
£18k - £36k
£19k - £40k
£23k - £55k
£14k - £24k
£11k - £23k
£37k - £98k
£36k - £93k
£16k - £27k
£20k - £42k